Call for Submissions
Are you a Hip Mama, or do you wonder what that means?
Hipmama.com is a reader-written online zine currently accepting submissions on all topics. We are specifically looking for work related to:
- Real, raw stories from the trenches of parenting.
- Radio mama! Do you run a podcast? Tell us about it!
- Political and historical perspectives on family life.
- Artists, writers, and musicians talking about their work, and how raising children adds, detracts, or has no impact whatsoever.
- Reinvention: parents making radical life changes, for instance changing careers, going back to school, moving to a different country, etc.
- Relationships, reality, sex.
- We are also currently seeking interesting features exploring the mess we call holidays, including articles about Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthdays, spring and winter breaks.
The best way to understand the publication is to read it.
We accept nonfiction submissions on all topics.
Sorry, no fiction or poetry: though we do accept interviews and reviews of all kinds of work.
We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
We do not pay for submissions, or accept paid placement of content.
We accept submissions all year and generally answer within eight weeks.
To submit your work email: